Before you can learn to drive a car, moped or motorcycle you must apply for a provisional driving licence.
- Are you a resident in the UK.
- You must be 17 years old.
- Can you reach the minimum eyesight requirement.
- You must not be prevented from driving for any reason.
- You must provide an addresses
of where you have lived over the last three years
Do it online – do it quicker
Please have the following to hand:
- a valid debit or credit card
- your UK passport if you have one
- your National Insurance number if you have one
- details of previous addresses
DVLA will aim to send your driving licence within two weeks of you submitting your application.
All the details to apply either in person or by post can be found on the website.